The ConfigMgr WebService has been designed to extend the functionality of Operating System Deployment with Configuration Manager Current Branch. It contains methods for performing operations in Configuration Manager, Active Directory and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Inconsistency in parameter positioning has been addressed. The secretKey parameter is now required as the first parameter for all methods.
- GetCMPrimaryUserByDevice has been renamed to GetCMPrimaryUserByDeviceName.
- AddCMComputerToCollection now requires a device collection ID instead of the device collection name.
- GetCMOSImageVersionForTaskSequence and GetCMOSImageArchitectureForTaskSequence now detects the proper information based upon the selected image index in the task sequence. This fixes a bug for when e.g. using a custom image that contains more than a single index or for Windows 10 version 1709 that changes the order of the indexes.
- RemoveADComputerFromGroup now supports groups that contains more than 1500 members.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Wizard driven installation now stores configuration in registry for improved upgrade experience
- Wizard driven installation now creates the ConfigMgr WebService Activity event log
- Added a method to retrieve the current version of the web service
- Addded Description property to GetCMPackage
- Updated Connect (SMS Provider) method with better event logging
- Added event logging for start and end of all web methods including client IP address
- GetCMHiddenTaskSequenceDeployments (updated)
MICROSOFT DEPLOYMENT TOOLKIT
- Get Primary User by Device
- Get Primary Device by User
- Get Boot Image Source Version
- Get Deployed Applications by User
- Get Deployed Applications by Device
- Get Hidden Task Sequence Deployments
See the documentation embedded in the download package for an updated list of methods this web service provides.