We’re proud to announce the release of ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd version 1.2.0.
More information about ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd is available on the following page, including download link and release notes:
Below is a list of enhancements and new features made available in this release:
- ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd now supports running a single command while the splash screen is shown and before the frontend loads. While this prestart command may only seem to support a single command being executed, it’s designed to support executing PowerShell that could be leveraged to run additional commands inside a PowerShell script file.
- When the splash screen is shown, a new functionality is added to this phase of loading the frontend. While loading, the frontend will now wait for an active network connection for any WiFi or Ethernet adapter.
- In previous versions, you could not use ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd as a prestart command for USB boot media. This has now been fixed, and the error that occurred when clicking the Apply button is now gone, and the frontend is now capable of logging correctly.
- ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd and ConfigMgr WebService version information is now shown in the flyout menu.
- In addition to the check running after the splash screen is shown whether the ConfigMgr WebService is reachable, another check is introduced in this version that validates the minimum required version of ConfigMgr WebService is being used.
- SerialNumber property from WMI is now shown in the details panel (expandable) under the Computer tab.
- A bug to the control showing the operation details above the progressbar has been addressed. Some messages were cut off due to insufficient space set for the control.
- The check that runs to verify that ConfigMgr WebService is reachable, used to have a timeout of 2 seconds. This timeout has been increased to 10 seconds from this version and onwards.
ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.2.0 requires ConfigMgr WebService 1.4.0. You can download ConfigMgr WebService from below:
Documentation and usage
Embedded in the download package for ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd is a PDF file called ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd 1.2.0 – Documentation. This file contains all the information regarding how to get started, detailed explanation of how to use the frontend and some tips and tricks.
Chief Technical Architect and Enterprise Mobility MVP since 2016. Nickolaj has been in the IT industry for the past 10 years specializing in Enterprise Mobility and Security, Windows devices and deployments including automation. Awarded as PowerShell Hero in 2015 by the community for his script and tools contributions. Creator of ConfigMgr Prerequisites Tool, ConfigMgr OSD FrontEnd, ConfigMgr WebService to name a few. Frequent speaker at conferences and user groups.